Boys: High School Divisions 2016-17
We start the weekend of December 3/4, 2016 and end the weekend of March 18/19, 2017.
The high school boys’ divisions include players in grades 9 to 12. A recreational program, all games and practices are either Saturdays or Sundays in Upper West Side public middle school gyms. A modified rotation system ensures that every participant plays at least two full quarters of each game.
Organization 2016-17 Season
- Junior Varsity (JV): players in grades 9 and 10. See following exception.
- Varsity: players in grades 11 and 12 as well as experienced younger players seeking a faster-paced, more competitive environment.
Division assignments are mutually agreed upon by division managers, coaches, players and parents.
Preliminary schedule 2016-2017
|Weekend of December 3, 10, 17:||Instruction, assessments, teams formed|
|December 24 - January 1:||Holiday break, no program|
|Weekend of January 7 - March 19:||Regularly scheduled games and tournaments|
- Players at all skill levels are welcome
- Professional and semi-professional referees
- Partial scholarships
- Parent and community volunteer coaches
- Community Service credit for volunteering in younger divisions or in Special Needs Champions Division (see volunteer form)
For additional information, contact Division Managers or our Registrar.
- JV: TBA
- Varsity: Wendy Flom